Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Invisible ()

(Women, that is ...)



You hear about invisible men throughout the arts - but there are no invisible women - because nobody can see them.

One of the rarest creatures in fiction is the disabled woman.  I have one in Ax, actually, but she plays a supporting role, with very little time on the novel's stage.  The History Girls tells us about a truly intriguing character.  Ever heard of Lady Crookback ... ?  And don't forget to give the link I posted previously a chance.  It's a stunning story ... of a tragically visible woman indeed.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

You probably already know it, but in case you don't, check out the James Tiptree, Jr., story "The Women Men Don't See," a classic of feminist SF. It would go rather well with this post...

Heather said...

Hi there! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

DLM said...

Jeff, I don't actually - so thank you, I'll find that! :)

Heather, thank you for reading and for commenting - what is your question? You can feel free to ask here.