Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Collection

Apart from the geographically snobby Nova Dakota comment here, this is good advice once again from Janet Reid, Query Shark.  (Still trying to decide whether I'm pleased - because I'm not done revising - or bummed, because it shouldn't take that long to finish, that her closed-to-queries period has extended through year end.  Decisions, decisions.  Ah well!)

All for the sake of a single button.

And, quite literally riffing off the link above:  the hurdy gurdy man!


This makes me want to look up images of the instrument – is that decoration painted?  The workmanship must have been beautiful on many of these.

On the *visual* love of words, and a writing exercise.  With Banksy in New York this past week, it’s a nicely timed post even for those of us who won’t make it to Italy soon.

(This bit reminds me of The Death of ... everything.)  “Post-It notes put us over the edge”  I feel pretty guilty – I bought my boss paperclips just this week.  Also, a detailed, balanced, and highly readable deconstruction of the Paleo-diet fad.

No comments: