Monday, July 15, 2013

Home, Sick, Home

So that resolve to stay offline was a poor one, and already abandoned.  Not out of any dilution of my fear/upset about the George Zimmerman verdict - but, for one, people appear not to be responding with great ugliness which cannot be escaped; and, for two, I happen to find myself without a literal voice in the real world right now, and it isn't going to be possible for me to not write/blog/communicate *and* endure the bronchitis (?) which has removed me from human commerce.

The intellectually diverting cold I had starting on Wednesday/Thursday took a turn on Saturday night, and has gone from an "oh, isn't this curious" sort of an illness down a route of extreme pain and difficulty.  My voice, quite literally, is gone now.

Well, or what remains of it is nothing to go around inflicting on anyone, even if it were not excruciatingly painful to do so.  Just breathing is a trial at this point.

And so, I shall blog.  It may still be necessary to keep myself off Twitter (even the slightest excitement causes me to breathe too much; too much of a miserably bad thing, that), but here at least I shall blather for an outlet.

Because:  no human contact since last Wednesday, people.  Except for mom taking me out to dinner on Saturday night, and one trip out to the grocery store, I have been inside my house now for the best part of five days.  Laundry all but killed me (breathing is a requirement for lugging a huge basket up and down stairs), but I have clean socks and pants, which was a worthy outcome.  Housecleaning?  Forget it.  Apart from a trip to the doc and feeding the fur kidlets, I'm not setting any goals today except listening to my ears pop and the congestion slowly bubbling its way around in my head, and POSSIBLY braving the nightmare of an attempt to sleep (you wanna talk about pain ...).  I haven't even trusted my medicine-head to work on my writing, because my brain is a muzzy old mess, has been all weekend.

BLAH.  Whinge.

No comments: