Sunday, December 16, 2012

Grinding

Alec Shane sent me a rejection on Friday ... but I've also done this, so the beat goes on.  Interesting note from an agent on Twitter this weekend, so I'll be researching her!  And the list isn't exhausted yet, and there will be revisitations of certain pre-revision queries.  I have some interesting ideas about hopes for the new year.  We shall see - but maybe 2013 will be the year it gets representation, and even sells.

We shall see.  It's getting to be time.

4 comments:

K.E. Skedgell said...

I wish you good luck!

DLM said...

Thank you! I still have one dream query out, and many to push out still - and the unpublished novel competition as well ... It will come, I just hope it's time soon.

Anonymous said...

Alec Shane is a bit mysterious; he's a great guy and Jodi Reamer's able assistant, that much is known, but I've never been able to track down any actual properties he's acquired as an agent in in own right, and as far as can be determined, he mostly just surfs the scene and comments on querys for a few extra bucks...Nothing wrong here, but having the "agent" tag seems a little disinformational...

DLM said...

It's not so much a mystery as it is a new career. He has been Jodi's assistant, but is beginning the process of building his own catalogue at this point. Alec is a pretty smart, funny, widely experienced guy whose tenure as an agent is just beginning. If you Google him, actually, the interview he granted me (here: http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/2012/10/interview-alec-shane.html ) is a leading result!