Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday

Work has been fine lately, but a certain intensity of the fire in my belly seems to have been wanting lately, for no particularly good or bad reason; sometimes, you just feel more motivated than others.  I haven't been exceptionally bad, but I do notice in myself that the sense of satisfaction I sometimes get in ticking off a day's accomplishments gives way at other times to a more baseline practicality, which isn't such a bad thing really.  Today, though - maybe it was the fact I allowed myself caffeine (I've given it up almost entirely, which I don't think has hurt a bit in the "I'd have guessed twenty" department when I see a good friend for the first time in a while and she's guessing how much weight I have lost) - maybe it is just because Fridays are my half days, nobody was around (this can be so good for getting a lot of administrivia done), and it's bloody beautiful and not hot outside - maybe I just got sick of myself and threw off self-indulgence for a more constructive indulgence.  I always DO like the way it feels when I can cross off a lot of to-do's in a day, and Fridays are hardly exempt from this spirit and attitude, short though they may be.

At home I'm having a similar outlook.  This weekend's expected plans - since I still haven't found the correct Briggs & Stratton oil cap for my mower online, I'm going to otherwise cover that aperture, and frankly quite enjoy mowing the grass on what is after all a really beautiful, golden, crisp, and breezy day out.  If I can find a utility knife, I will cut the rug Siddy has peed into ruin in half, deposit it in my giant trash thingo, and thumb my nose at the mean sanitation collectors who seem to have a personal grudge against my garbage and its containers, who left the rug this week, and threw the can halfway into traffic, on its nose.  I may even contact the county to report the incessant occurrence of this, which I never see at my neighbors' homes, which is a danger for traffic frankly, and which has given me a complex that somehow these guys actually have it in for me for reasons I cannot begin to fathom.

Also, I'm going to finally make The Call to Verizon, about their craptacularly idiotic billing practices, regarding my FIOS, which may by the end of such call be canceled outright.  They set up a $79.99 package deal which has yet to come in anywhere near $79.99, their customer service is for sh**, and I am sick of the silliness for the sake of cable I didn't especially want in the first place, and can joyously live without in the second place, if they can't get their package deal billing together.  /*grump*

Also on tap this weekend:  deleting that bastard brother (heh) and perhaps some work on Tetrada's subplot, to be sure the continuity maintains.  It would be joy to delete at least 2K more words!  Maybe more than that!  (... readers ... ?  Bueller?)

I am ready, I am caffeinated, and it is the weekend.  Woot and more woot!

No comments: