Monday, May 7, 2012

My Friend

My beautiful-heart V is sick again - and still.  Three chronic, incurable auto-immune diseases.  She's been on oxygen for almost a month now, and pneumonia struck her today so bizarrely fast and in such a strange way, for a while they thought she might have had a stroke.  This seems to have been ruled out, but I fear for this beloved woman.  X said this - "It seems like she and her husband met, and they had no time before all this started happening."

Her husband, to be sure, has been a hero among men, devoted to her, fierce for her, tender with her, and always behind her, always loyal to her, always so in love with his wife.

He got a crap deal.  She got a crap deal.  Just at that part where it's supposed to say "happily ever after."

If you do this sort of thing, pray for a woman who is herself devoted, fierce, tender, loyal, and loving.  She has been one of the best of my friends, and I am blessed with the most amazing friends.

"I came that they might have life, and life in abundance."

V deserves abundant life.  She has some of the pieces.  Now she needs the health to enjoy, indulge.

She needs to breathe.

No comments: