Monday, April 30, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Drive went smoothly today, and didn't even feel terrible and long.  It stayed overcast, which is good driving weather, but not actually rainy apart from a couple extremely minimal spits in Carolina.  I'm home in time for lunch, but more tired than hungry - and still too restless yet to quite lie down either.  Suitcase and bag are upstairs neatly awaiting unpacking.  Dog is outside, quietly being outside.  I am here, post-travel disoriented and anticlimacted.

When I came in, The Lolly was quiet, and I went back outside, got my suitcase - still no noise when I dropped it.  So upstairs I went, and finally heard movement (reassuring!).  She met me at the top of the stairs, hardly the worse for wear (she LOVES our neighbor, who was looking on on her), but with the Saddest Eyes in the World, of course.




I moved toward the bed to dump my things, and found the cover rumpled up by the pillows, and a little bit furry.  Aww.  Siddy never gets on the bed without permission anymore, and usually not even when she does get invited to hop up.  She must've missed me.

*Melty doggy mommy*

No comments: