Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Morning

It's not as cool as it should be for late March - but it is at least cool, and the grey wet day (not actively raining, so evocatively still) lends a layer to Sunday morning time.  I'm hunched forward over the laptop on the beautiful coffee table, glasses perched low on my nose, peering sporadically over the rims at "Law & Order" circa Lenny and Julia Roberts' ex boyfriend - an episode, oddly enough, featuring a supporting role with Jennifer Garner, whose charm and talent have always been lost enough on me I can't particularly deny them, nor care.

Revisions depress me.  The work as it goes feels like progress; then I back away, look at the whole thing, and see how little I have done.

Another friend excitedly said, "Oh, I'd love to be a reader for you" this week, and - when told what it actually requires - evaporated.  This happens.  Sigh.

The birds are the one most consistent thread of noise, of life, these days.  They're quieter today.  But still making sure I know it is spring.

Today will be a bit of cleaning.  As little as I can make it, and still feel I have done enough.  A bit of revision.  Hopefully more than it seems to ever look like.  Never enough.  And, perhaps, the final few pages of my last "lunch book" - the novels I take to work, and read over my non-lunch hours, this last one close enough to its close I brought it home and took in a new one to replace it.  When they get close to the end, it's best to read them to completion without interruption - without the office setting.

I may do laundry; I know I'll ignite some lights around here.  I may even swipe a few windows with some cleaner, because the dinge is depressing me.

Just a few hours.  The weekend will be over.

Quiet Sunday time.  Not a bad place to be.  Never a slow (as long-lasting) as it promises you it will be ...

No comments: