Sunday, March 4, 2012

Five Months - and Three Hours

I was planing to work on the novel today, and then had a White Screen of Death moment (after an initial grinding-noise-in-the-drive moment ... aiieeee).  So ran several scans, defragged in two different ways, and concluded with a forced dismount and deep scan.  Which takes half the afternoon.  I spent it watching the first episode of the new Battlestar.  My first time.  So, good entertainment, but less work.

For now, all recovery appears pretty good, and I've finally got myself set to do some work.


***


It's been five months since I supposedly started this revision work - but, apart from the sixty-page ditch, I've had no feedback nor direction from my readers, Mr. X has resigned the post since he actually disagreed with that big cut, and I'm sort of on my own.  I had hoped to have something done by January.

It is March.

Sprained backs and life notwithstanding - even I can see, that's a bit much.

Sitting here watching some nice trash entertainment (this time, no accidental treasures uncovered, though Billy Zane's dialog, and his performance, are oddly appealing) and off to the races with some work on the dialog.  In this case, It's more a case of jumping around a bit, rather than taking this in the organized fashion I was able to attack the festa, but for the moment that appeals to me.

So does Zane, of course.  I used to like him because he reminded me of an ex of mine, and a few years ago X told me he's been told on occasion he looks like Billy Zane.  I think Zane's hair tends to miss the mark, and his mouth is far poutier or petulant than X's is, but it's funny - I think he looks like that ex - and the ex and X have a more powerful resemblance, actually, than is precisely comfortable.  (X once saw a pic of ex, and was taken a little aback).

Um, so - light entertainment with a side of romantical familiarity.  Boy, Billy's wig in this is a bit outta hand, though.  Good thing for him he's working the funny guy irony thing.  And the eyebrows and squinky eyes remind me of eyes I like even better.


***


Okay, to review.  Dialog work today, to the background of Dangerous Feminine Sexuality (TM).  If not artistically inspiring, at least it won't distract me from the actual work at hand.  Heh.  Obviously, I'm distract-able enough.

No comments: