Saturday, February 18, 2012

Overambitious

I wasn't feeling bad this morning, so ran a brief errand and came home little the worse, even glad of the lumbar support in my driver's seat.

Taking the second trip, and buying $49 worth of groceries (heavy), turns out to have been a bit of a case of eyes-too-big-for-stomach.  Oof.

I got myself back inside, laid out a bunch of pillows to support my bones, and lay down with all the immensity of settling-weight you see in movies where the giant spaceship lands, throwing off masses of dust and seeming to take a full minute to groan to stillness after touching the ground.

The sleep, too, was prodigiously heavy.  The sleep of pain, not even merely overextension.  It took a long time to *reach* sleep at all.  But once there, getting back out was going to be a time-consuming event.  I don't even actually know how long I was out.  But even if it were only an hour, its nature was pretty serious.

Tonight, we'll be sitting tight (HAR) with a pillow at the back, a good supply of food I won't be bothering to get up and do anything about, the ice pack on my neck or back when it's actually cold (and what is the one thing I forgot to purchase, when I went to the drugstore, or to the grocery store? another ICE PACK - of course), and the addition of ibuprofen into the stream of acetaminophen so far dominating the day.  Phone calls probably.  And the final eps of DS9; a good menu to beat the vagaries of broadcast.

Still trying to be grateful I do have lateral movement in my neck.  But it's getting tougher to say "whee!" when everything else starts to generate such negative attention.

No comments: