Friday, December 9, 2011

Garbage Out, Garbage Out

In response to a post over here ...



I am sitting here a tiny bit chagrined:  mom and I just recycled your beer bottles - what, two months ago? - when we cleaned the basement.

Yes.  Including those rad ones with the ceramic seals ...


This said, I produce a pretty low pure-garbage output myself (speaking materially, of course - not philosophically), taking out the gi-normous rollaway only once every two months, if even that.  And it is rarely anything like full.  Recycling goes every two weeks, and that is a pretty small container but I don't tend to overflow it nor end up in adjunct piles very often.

Most of my personal trash and recycling output is the mail coming into the house.  Coupons upon coupons for high-packaging-content things I do not buy, services I do not patronize ... advertisements ... offers for credit cards ... loads of mail from a cable company I broke up with something like 14 years and three addresses ago, which just keeps saying "Baby forgive me, please, I'll be so good to you."  If the incoming snail mail is reduced by the upcoming cuts in budget for the USPS, I'd be surprised if my total recycling weren't cut by a third ...

1 comment:

Mo said...

So now I have to empty some bottles myself. So sad.

I'm guessing the ceramic-capped ones will be culled from the recycling stream. Here's hoping the drones on the sorting line are home brewers...