Saturday, October 15, 2011

Housecleaning Music

Not much improves on Paul Simon's "Graceland" for making excellent housecleaning music (and listening to "Diamonds in the Soles of Her Shoes" while sweating and grubbing your way through toilet cleaning and trash takeout makes the whole job better), but today, in the golden sun of autumn, with the wind blowing outside and the maple seeds pelting the house during the more sustained gusts, making the sound of hail against the windows, Type O is hitting the spot.  Tis the season for a good, wildly self-indulgent (and tongue-in-cheek) dirge.  I'll need to dig out my CD of Iggy Pop and others reading the poetry of Poe (Walken, of COURSE, reads "The Raven" ... and it could never be the same after hearing him read it - though, sadly, Homer Simpson's version is not included here).  I'll need to watch Langella.  Oh, Frank, I still love you the most, man.

I love Hallowe'en.  Dork.

*Grin*

No comments: