Sunday, October 2, 2011

Earning It?

The entire month of September went by so busy and so intense with work that I am unsure how - but I think I missed it!  Even my mom's September birthday, we only really celebrated last night; and, unless I am much mistaken, by last night, October had begun ...  Good gravy.

I've found some new agents to query, worked a little on Novel #2 (yet untitled; I don't mean to be precious about my subject matter this time) - and have done some research on those who will be at the Conference - but actual querying is moving only very slowly at this point.  I tell myself the work of an author does go beyond querying - and I hope nobody would argue the work I've done on the work in progress is hardly a priority! - but with a finished product un-agented and unsold, the querying *should* be getting more of my time.  Fortunately, JRW does have a way with lighting my fire.  Shoot, it got me to write a novel in the first place; I have never been shy to admit that influence.

So as busy as things have become, it is a pleasure to look forward to the next two weeks.  This week, I take Thursday and Friday off; so work will be a three day week this week.  And, the next, with Columbus day, I will have a four-day on my hands (three and a half, with my half-day Fridays).  With one of the major meetings I have been coordinating getting done this week, I can hope to begin to look to year-end, and working on timekeeping issues.  There are a few items outstanding, for one - and there is still training to be scrounged for.  Time is the final frontier in my job.  It certainly sounds profound, doesn't it ... ?

I have a bit to anticipate with a grin, now.  Thursday will be an outing with mom and B, my surprisingly dear new friend  of (I can hardly believe it!) less than a year.  And Friday finally begins the Conference.

With the breezes cooling, and humidity abating at last, October is a pleasant prospect.  Here is hoping I've earned enjoyment with the blurring progress of September!

No comments: