Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Agreed.

Word.

And another word.

Back when my dad was alive, I started banking with what onceupponatime was a local bank, and which, over the past 16 or however many years, has changed names three times (... I think ...).  When I bought my home, their brand new mortgage department sold it instantly, and when I refinanced, it was sold instantly - and twice, I think, that time.

I started my account so early in that bank's lifetime my number was actually easy enough to memorize.  The main reason I have stayed there is a woman who's been friendly with me through six employers, through multiple layoffs, through severance and restoration - through, even, my divorce.

I realize I haven't been inside the bank to see her in a couple years now.  Hm.  Like changing my oil - like getting the rug cleaned - like dropping those boxes at the Goodwill:  it is time to get to the credit union.  I have Friday afternoons off.  I have enough time, I could *take* some off - and do this job.  I can get it done.

Time to do it.  One friendly acquaintance is no longer reason to stay with a bank even she knows has sold her at the block time and again now.  Join me.  If you beat me:  tell me about it.  The comments have been WAY too quiet.

No comments: