Saturday, August 27, 2011

Winds Up ...

... but still okay so far.  SERIOUS gusting out there, now to 70 MPH.

Sustained winds are high, though rain is not very heavy.  And - wouldn't you know - some nit just drove by.  I haven't seen traffic all day (apart from emergency vehicles), so someone driving around now, with the storm getting severe, is just bloody crazy.

My brother is the one who said he was hearing about tornadoes, but I haven't actually caught that reporting myself yet - so maybe the spinoffs aren't in this neck of the woods.

Not hearing a lot yet about flooding, though now I hear some areas may see eight inches.  I think in my area, we've had two or three inches so far.  At least two fatalities from falling trees - a child, in an apartment, and a man in his car.

This is me, not getting in my car.  And glad the only tree anywhere that close to the house is very stout, and very healthy.

No comments: