Monday, April 4, 2011

Rejection, At Last!

It has been so long since I got a response of ANY kind to my queries, to get an R today was actually a pleasure (and reassuring!!). And, I have to say, for a form rejection, this one ranks as remarkably well considered:

Please accept my apology for this impersonal response. There was a time when I was able to provide personalized feedback for all submissions, which is still my preference, but of late the volume of submissions makes this unrealistic.


You'd be surprised how thin on the ground well-written agent rejections are. At times, I'm saddened.

Of course, NOW I'm grinning - but even more bummed this agent couldn't take me. Aww.


Still. Feeling much better now. Rejections are action in my writing!

2 comments:

Mo said...

Well thank goodness! This frees you up for the far more lucrative deal lurking around the corner.

DLM said...

No, we're not in it for the filthy lucre ... PRESTIGE, PRESTIGE is what it's all about.

Hee.

Okay, and I wouldn't be ashamed to take money for writing. Not even just a little bit.