Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Essential, Art

Okay, so I mentioned this deep in a long-winded post about other stuff, but I wanted to pull this out and highlight it. Charlie Sheen apparently is acquainted with Donnie Green art, and, I have to say, the quote Donnie put up on his site from CS about him is perverse, random, and probably about perfect for the work itself, in a way. Donnie and I were friends for a long time, and we're getting back in touch a bit. His stuff is pungent in the most alarming way - I don't recommend it at all for the faint of heart or for my nieces - ahem - but I happen to love an awful lot of it. And his portraiture has come so far; the one of Erin may be his best ever. And I say that, vain girl that I am, having been Donnie's model at least three times myself.

Everything about his site is NSFW, by the way. But we all know you are good boys and girls, not reading blogs on work equipment or during office hours - right?

No comments: