Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back Off Track

Well, the rejections seem to be flowing again; I don't understand why for so long I was seeing no responses at all (though I was getting auto-messaging acknowledging receipt on the electronic queries I've still been doing, so it's not like I was really lost in the ether!), but it is reassuring I'm being heard at all. The most recent came literally overnight, which actually is nice. I know that's sort of "wow - eep" for some people, but I've gotten enough quick responses (negative AND positive, let it be said) it doesn't wig me out - nor excite me, either - the way it would have when I still felt like a more newbie querier.

I'll probably poke out a couple more tonight; I found a nice set of options for finding more e-queries, which was a pleasant surprise. And the new ones are back on this side of the pond, too. As interested as I am in some of the UK agents I'm wooing, doing so by hard copy is EXPENSIVE. It can cost nine bucks to get a sheaf of paper overseas; it won't take many of those for me to spend "too much" money.

(Says the girl who lost count of the money she was pouring into research texts, three-four-and-five years ago, at about $300 - and that probably less than halfway in, AND buying used ...)

(Oh for the day I will be able to write off some of this stuff for business. Somebody publish me!)

No comments: