Monday, March 21, 2011

Family

One of my family happens to be a Japanese woman, and she has sent an email to let people know how her family are doing. She puts it so simply - that human self-monitoring and compassionate behavior are making so much of a difference. Though they are not in the north, her parents and other relations have stories, and there are so many they know who have been less fortunate, and who have not yet been contacted.

She makes an interesting point about the news - that Japanese media do not want to scare people, so their focus is on providing information. That deliberate clarity I was finding so important on NHK. There is much to be said for a journalist who is bearing up and holding on along with everyone else.

My prayers remain in Japan, as so many of us have been. My support needs to go in other, more concrete - and organized - ways, too. Time to go to the Red Cross, I think.

No comments: