Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Day of the Shoving

It is the Day of the Shoving of Furniture.

When spring time comes, and the air gets warmer, and the days get longer, Diane gets nesty, and sooner or later, there comes a week when she finds herself thinking, "Where will this beautiful new chaise go, the happy addition to my cheering home?"

And then begins the Swiffing-of-under-of-things, the piecemeal vacuuming-as-we-go-along, the sweating and puffing, the brute forcing and redeploying. And the living room is set up early, to catch windows-open weather cross ventilation. To open up as much space as we needed to curl down around to keep things cozy in winter time. To realize, seriously, JUST how much light this living room really gets.

Later on will begin the ordering out. I still haven't decided on Arianna's, Flying Dragon, or - possibly best of all - Roma's. But it's not even five, and Season Four of Buffy is just underway on Netflix. There's much light left in this day, and I am neither hungry ... nor even close to being done cleaning ... just yet. And the decision itself is one I can savor, as I set up my happy home for its fresh new look, and take breaks to listen to silly stuff on Netflix, and get around to cleaning *myself* up just as nice as the house will be soon enough. And then relax for the rest of a peaceful weekend. Mmm.

The living room is done, and it looks very nice. Next up, a little kithen and bath scrubbing, the dusting upstairs, and what vaccuming remains. I think I will change the bedspread for the cotton quilt, too. Then a nice Saturday night of laundry, and possibly reading. Not a bad day. I am a stupidly fortunate woman.

No comments: