Saturday, December 18, 2010

Spirited

I entitle this post this way not to indicate my trip to the liquor store, of course, but that has been one part of my social life today. The post office took up most of it, where I made a friend in line and he told stories and amused himself and made the line a nice enough place to have to spend time. Then the grocery, where the darling young bag boy amused this old woman by being tired, with seven hours left to go in his workday. (To underscore my old-ness, may I say, "Oh me, when you can fit seventy-two dollars of groceries in two bags, it seems a bit much.")

Then to underscore my youthfulness, off to the liquor store. One can't make bourbon balls without it, and bourbon balls - that's Christmas! Also a bottle of Stolichnaya, because Stoli is just pleasing to say.

Finishing off at the drugstore for one prescription, now I am done, and have a few hours before my friends come over. Yay nachos!

Everyone seems to be in nice-mode today, and the leftover snow, the grey day, and the relenting of the very-cold-ness is so pleasant. I had an enjoyable time.

And now I shall have an enjoyable aspirin, and a short doze on my Queen's Chair, before getting ready for later. Fortunately, it will be a relatively easy get-ready, as these aren't friends who will note nor care whether I have simonized the basement or detailed the dog. Good friends, that.

Tomorrow, most likely: church, and then baking and fudge. Yum. Loved ones always welcome.

No comments: