Friday, October 15, 2010

Two Down

I have done it, and I think it is as good as it can be, even if my expectations are realistic. To add to the joy of my evening, I did something else too - I took Adriana Trigiani up on her offer.

Adriana came to the Conference two years ago, and she was lovely and funny and excellent and enthusiastic. More than once, she fulsomely exhorted attendees to reach out to her when we finished our respective works, whatever they might be - or in whatever form or genre. Thoroughly generous, and enthusiastic enough: I believed her.

So tonight I hit AT's website, and wrote to thank her for being so wonderful - for giving those of us still aspiring a dose of her potent and heady encouragement. I wrote to her so I could write something completely unlike a sweated-over, stakes-are-everything, oh-no-did-I-MISTYPE-A-WORD-OH-NO, query letter. She offered - and I figure the worst outcome of such an entre' is that it could be deleted by a site administrator. So it goeth.

I never feared to network when I was unemployed.

Well, fabulous day job or not, in a way - as an author - I'm unemployed. And networking.



Plus, it's just a pleasure to reach out to people. I've found, from that Conference: it has rewards much deeper than getting oneself agented.

No comments: