Monday, October 18, 2010

Glama-Zombie

So my costume this year is going to be a big old splash. Last year, I went femme fatale vintage, and that was tons of fun (how I wish I could get away with wearing that crinoline with my magenta dress, just because ... !!). Year before that, I was Sarah Palin - about the masculine response to which, the less said the better. Before that, Amy Winehouse (hah - talk about a shift, those three years!). Before that, I finally went as The Goddess Diana, which I'd waited many years to do. That was a big old geek-out, and I had a good time planning that.

So this year - time to do something as extravagantly dorky as that once again. And I ended with: GlamaZombie. Or Glamazombie. Or Glama-zombie. Seems I need it capitalized, but spell it as you wish. The fun's in the outfitting, not in the semantics (next year: grammar-zombie ... ??).

I found a grey chiffon dress online for about forty bucks, which will lend nicely to a ghostly look - and a white wig I've already started to distress. I found a suitable body paint in a wonderful pearly white, and have been strategizing some monochromatic gore (grey bruising, perhaps, and pitch black blood here or there). Add to this a bit of tattering, and a ludicrously over-the-top set of jewelry, and keep the gashes "Hollywood" (the inevitable pretty little cut just at the top of the cheekbone, maybe a dribble of lip-glossy blood beside the mouth/nose) and my joke is to be the prettiest corpse I can be.

Speaking of nummy braiiiinnnnnss ...



I love Hallowe'en. This must be the reason I never had kids. They might distract from my own plans for the holiday.

No comments: