Sunday, August 8, 2010

House Beautiful

Home is a peaceful place today, sweet-scented and relaxed. I got three loads of laundry washed last night; the last went into the dryer this morning, and sorting and putting-away has begun. I am the strange sort who actually likes folding laundry, so this being a Sunday pastime doesn't bother me. (Hate *vacuuming*, though - and Swiffing the hardwood, too. Ah, well.)

I've also done some small detail work around the house. Removing a few vestigial pieces of the old security system - probably state-of-the-art/1986, but after nine years' residence here, obviously never to be re-upped. Finalizing the homes for the plants. Taking down the new light fixture, which doesn't suit, and putting it back in its box to be returned, with its shade, so I can then turn around and buy something on the order of 25 new switch- and electrical plates, a nice big (bottom-heavy) urn for my biggest plant, and several other miscellaneous things. This doesn't even include a necessary grocery trip; but at least the stores are next to one another.

My energy's good, but motivation is lacking. I wish I could stay in the house, and just read and stay quiet. Or, I wish I could enlist some company for the trip. Unfortunately, mom's cell is off (!!!), and the next-door neighbor is deep in yard work.

It's nice to start a week with things in such good order, though. I suppose that should be motivation in itself, but of course I'm the type to find that motivation to stillness, not movement. There ya go.

I suspect I will get moving shortly, even if I can't find company. *Sigh*

But in the meantime, this is a very pleasant place to be ...

No comments: