Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Turkey Without Dressing

I miss getting up and putting on nice clothes for work every day. This year's layoff occurred just at change-of-season time, so that fun couple of weeks or so when your own old clothes seem new again, after their seasons-long hiatus just went right by. I have great spring suits and dresses and pants and shoes, all just wasting up closet space.

Every possible interview is another whiff of hope to pull on those new grey pants I got for ten dollars (!!), or a good pair of heels, or the choker that belonged to my grandmother.

But, as it is, every day is just another day in sneakers or sandals. Even maintaining the discipline of getting up and making myself presentable isn't the same as really having a schedule and routine like I would at a day job.

One more *bleah* for unemployment. Wasted wardrobe.

No comments: