Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things and Stuff

Welp, I finally organized much of a literal trunkload of STUFF I had in my car. Much was the legacy of my mom and stepfather's garage, after a cleaning. What remains is a box of files I take with me to my jobs (when I have them) - no reason to bring that inside, really. But nowhere to put them until I'm in an office again.

Mom's idea with the artifacts from the garage was for me to consign or try to eBay much of it, but apart from a brass kerosene lamp and a couple things of that sort, I don't see most of it as being worth the effort. I chose two baskets, two toolboxes, and a wok, and brought those in. The wok I'd actually had for many years, from my brother, but mom excitedly took it a few years back, since I'd never used it, so she could give it a proper home. I'm certain the big white bag it is in is the same one it was put into when I gave it to her. So it goes. It might actually be a sellable item on eBay, and clearly it's not going to be used in our family (sad to say), so I might try to do that much. The rest - toolboxes of my father's, and two baskets I can use for gifts in future - down to the basement they go.

This put me in possession of one nice BIG box of stuff for Goodwill. So that's gone, and it's nice stuff. So that is good.

Came home and found the Writer's Market here. Hoorah!

I think more useful than any other aspect of this research? CROSSING OUT the names of agencies I have no business nor interest in submitting to. Rock.

No comments: